Mrs. Butterworth vs Vermont Maid

Colin J. Raven colin at kenmore.kozy-kabin.nl
Wed Jan 19 09:12:11 PST 2005

On Jan 19 at 11:12, Jason Stewart remarked somewhat ruefully:

> On 19/01/05 10:49 +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>> We know that we have a problem with "Freebsd0101@".  It's not
>> FreeBSD-like to ban him, though we can make exceptions.  But if
>> there's one thing that does help, it's ignoring him.  Please do so.
>>
>> Also, this kind of language is inappropriate on the list.
>>

> I've got Freebsd0101 at aol.com redirecting to /dev/null in my procmail
> filters. The only problem with this is that people waste their
> valuable time to respond to trolls and I still have to read the
> troll's message in the quoted text.

So do I - now - have this fella "plonked"

May I take this opportunity to publicly apologize to the highly esteemed
members of this list for an unworthy outburst of what Greg kindly
described as immoderate language.

I know better. I think the subject, poster, circumstances and repetitive
braindead nature of the constant posting tripped my threshold of
indignation. That said though, I should not have replied in that tone,
nor employed the vulgarities that I did.

I have nothing but *stellar* regard for the individuals who take such
immense time and effort to help others on this list. I feel privileged
to belong to this community, and grateful for a huge amount of guidance
advice and help I've received here. I wouldn't have a working OS without
the tireless good humored and plain 'ol kind help I've gotten here. I'm
also wildly enthusiastic about this incredible OS. I can't say enough
good things about it. Simply put, it's the best (for what I utilize it
for anyways!!)

My actions did not exactly elevate the level of discourse we are
accustomed to. It was invective pure and simple. I am capable of better
than that, and apologize for offense that I no doubt caused.

And now...onwards. I shall endeavor not to repeat this transgression in
the future. Sorry folks.

Regards,
-Colin
--