Vmware AIO problem

Scheller, Roland Scheller.R at icg-online.de
Wed Jan 19 04:08:51 PST 2005

Hello

I tried to install vmware3 port on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE.

When I start VMWare the Configuration Wizard shows and I am able to
create a virtual machine. Installation of Windows 98 first seems to work
(booting from cd, creating partition, copying files...) and hangs after
some time.

When powering off the VM I have an error message:
---
VMWare Workstation unrecoverable Error (VMX)

AIO: Not_implemented F(831):712
Please request support and include the contents of the log file:
WinXPPro.log
---

I Build a new Kernel as requested with option as follows:

options         VFS_AIO                 # VMWARE

and applied kernel patch from http://www.break.net/orlando/freebsd.html
as recommended.
So I think AIO should work.

Is there a workaround to help me solve my problem?

Thanks,
Roland