Audio works... and then died ?

semin at NZ semin at mail2000.com.tw
Tue Jan 18 19:43:08 PST 2005

Hi there,

  I've got a Laptop (Compaq Presario 2166) with Conxant audio chip. I used to activate the audio with sound.ko and snd_t4dwave.ko when I use FreeBSD 5.1 without any (I suppose so) problem. I downloaded 5.3 several days ago. What happened to me is when I loaded those sound modules (not add into kernel yet), it work. When I start X.org, the sound module didn't work suddenly. The sound disappered even the modules were loaded properly.

  I tried to add sound modules into my kernel then make, install and reboot, and found ...it still keep dumbness!! I'm definitely sure snd_ko and snd_t4dwave.ko are the correct ones. What on earth might go wrong?

Sam