Formal question.

markzero mark at darklogik.org
Tue Jan 18 17:09:58 PST 2005

> Hello!

Good evening!

>  My name is Tadeusz Polak and I from Poland. I'm studying the Informatics at
> www.pjwstk.edu.pl and I'm interested in publishing of the informations and
> advices about FreeBSD Operational System as a website. I'd like to ask about
> the publishing rights of the logo of the FreeBSD.
> 1. May I make some visual modifications of appearance of this logo on my own
> and used only on this website ?
> 2. What your requirements to be approved by you to have your official support
> and permission to do it ?

The BSD daemon logo copyright is held by Marshall Kirk McKusick, details
can be found here:

http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/daemon.html

As far as I know, he will not have any objection to you using the logo
for your purposes, but obviously you should ask him.

Mark

--
PGP: http://www.darklogik.org/pub/pgp/pgp.txt
B776 43DC 8A5D EAF9 2126 9A67 A7DA 390F DEFF 9DD1