Mrs. Butterworth vs Vermont Maid

Freebsd0101 at aol.com Freebsd0101 at aol.com
Tue Jan 18 14:42:16 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/18/05 4:41:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
thad.butterworth at hp.com writes:
>Gary,
>Maybe if you offered solutions instead of whining and bashing all the
>time people would be interested in what you have to say. All we've ever
>seen you do is throw out insults and complain. If FreeBSD is so bad, use
>another OS.
>I'm sure Microsoft would be more than happy to have you shell out the
>money for their products, and you'd get the sort of support you want
>-er, well, sort of. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
>

>Thad
--------
And this coming from a guy who thinks he's so smart that hes spamming
some poor tax attorney who likely never has heard of FreeBSD? What a
turd you are Mrs.  Butterworth. But I find your confidence in your
stupidity quite entertaining!

Actually, Thad, I've stated my case, and got the president of the FreeBSD
foundation to publically admit that I'm right about 5.x performance. I've
only "insulted" people who insulted me or my claims first.
I'm sure that a lot of people considering 5.x won't waste their time with it
now, which is much more of a "service" than you have ever provided.
What you list jockeys don't "get" is that just because you don't care
about an issue doesn't mean that its not an important issue to a lot
of other people; people who don't spend their time flaming people about
issues they don't know the first thing about just for the sake of doing
it.

And from where do you "get" that I think FreeBSD is bad? FreeBSD 4.x
is great. I just wish they'd support it instead of calling 5.x a production
release before its even close to 4.x performance standards.