Can I set priorities for file transfers

Brian John brianjohn at fusemail.com
Tue Jan 18 06:23:57 PST 2005

Hello,
I have (I think) kind of a unique question.  I leave my home computer on
all day and transfer and share files via a P2P application.  However,
sometimes I like to ssh in from work and transfer files between my work PC
and my home PC via scp.  Right now it is really slow because it is
transferring so much with the P2P apps, that it uses up all of my
bandwidth.  Is there any way that I can put a priority on this so that it
gives me the majority of my bandwidth when I want to use scp?

Thanks

/Brian