bsd.port.mk problems => make failing for all ports

freebsd at drseuk.f2s.com freebsd at drseuk.f2s.com
Tue Jan 18 05:01:28 PST 2005

Quoting Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>:

[snip]

> Do you have pkg_install or pkg_install-devel installed, and was this
> upgraded with the others?

No, I don't have either installed (only pkg_tree, but that shouldn't affect
anything). The libraries I was attempting to update were things like gettext,
libogg, libvorbis and libssl. I've noticed that the latter is a dependency of
pkg_info et al. so I'm wondering if that's something to do with it.

Others seem to have come across similar error messages to the ones I'm getting
(googled "String comparison operator should be either" =>
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2004-September/015879.html
"Failure in portsdd -Uu"), but it's not clear (at least to me :-) what's
causing them.

Cheers,