this IMAP stuff is kicking my @$$...

Gary Schrock lists at eyelab.psy.msu.edu
Mon Jan 17 09:46:43 PST 2005

At 08:14 PM 1/15/2005, Eric F Crist wrote:
>On Jan 15, 2005, at 7:06 PM, albi wrote:
>
>>Eric F Crist wrote:
>>
>>do you get my point ? i'm trying to say that perhaps squirrelmail still
>>demands a maildir-based imap-server (i don't know whether that's true,
>>google could not give me an answer to that within a reasonable time)

Squirrel mail definitely does not require maildir.  I know this because I'm
running it with mbox mailboxes.

>>anyway, i hope you get it working soonish!
>>
>>good luck!
>>
>>ciao,
>>albi
>
>Actually, I know the error is correct.  Actually, I know what I need to do
>to fix this problem, it's just not working for me...  I've posted a couple
>links that direct me in various ways regarding this error, but my server
>won't accept plain-text logins.  Can't figure out how to get it to do so.

My only suggestion for how to get things to work is to completely disable
the SSL stuff from uw-imap.  That's about the only way I was able to get
things to work properly (although I didn't try to hard to get it to work
with ssl, since I only use imap for web based mail).  To do this, you need
to recompile the cclient and imap-uw ports with the option -DWITHOUT_SSL (I
think that's the proper option), and then recompile the php4-imap port so
it recognizes that your imap doesn't use ssl.

And of course make sure you run the configure script for squirrelmail.

Gary Schrock
gary at eyelab.msu.edu