FreeBSD/i386 may panic under heavy load on SMP machines

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Mon Jan 17 04:18:32 PST 2005

Topic:          FreeBSD/i386 may panic under heavy load on SMP machines

Category:       core
Module:         smp
Announced:      2005-01-16
Credits:        Stephan Uphoff, Xin LI
Affects:        FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
Corrected:      2005-01-16 08:29:14 UTC

..I just got this today and was wondering...since I follow 5.3-STABLE
how come my files are not up-to-date with at least respect to this bug?

I checked the files required and mine are quite older...even after a cvsup.

The cvsup I am using is:

*default host=cvsup8.us.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress

..doesnt this track STABLE and if so, why didnt I get these updated files?

Thanks guys-

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA