setup of Bind9 on 5.3

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Sun Jan 16 12:23:56 PST 2005

I have cvs'd and built world and now I want to use the native bind9 to run DNS.

I am very familiar with chrooting named, but for some reason I cannot get
this going....

If I use ISC's bind 9 built from scratch, it will chroot just fine.

Does anyone have a sample named.conf for chrooting that shows
but doesnt hurt)

In addition, the dir structure of /var/named would be nice to see.

normally I setup chroot jail for named like this:

/var/named:

drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         512 Aug 16 12:04 dev
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     named        512 Aug 16 12:04 etc
drwxrwx---   2 root     named        512 Sep  1  2003 log
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         512 Jan 16 10:02 master
drwxrwx---   2 root     named        512 Jan 16 10:04 run
drwxrwxr-x   2 root     named       1024 Dec 30 19:40 slave
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         512 Apr  7  2004 standard

this approach does not seem to work with using STOCK named....

any help will be appreciated!

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA