[INFO] buildworld problems

Daniel S. Haischt me at daniel.stefan.haischt.name
Sun Jan 16 11:01:06 PST 2005

Hello,

today I had two problems while/after building world.

I did upgrade my FreeBSD system using CVSup against
the following brachn tag ...

  *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5

Issue #1:
---------

while compiling the kernel sources, the build
process did stop after trying to build the
Brooktree TV Tuner drivers. I have to mention
that I did try to update a server system which
does not have any builtin TV card.

Anyway, the problem here was that the following
line was missing in the bktr_core.c source file:

  #include <sys/fcntl.h>

Because of the missing line, FNDELAY was undefined.

Issue #2:
---------

After successfully building/installing both world
and my new custom kernel I had to realize, that
/etc/rc.d/ldconfig wasn't executed during the
boot process. As a result I was not able to start
most of the programs that I did install to /usr/local.

After executing /etc/rc.d/ldconfig, anything seems
to work as expected.

Can you help me with issue #2? Why does the system
refuse to execute /etc/rc.d/ldconfig while booting
the system?

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
Daniel S. Haischt

Wan't a complete signature??? Type at a shell prompt:
$ > finger -l haischt at daniel.stefan.haischt.name