Data Limiting

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 09:57:07 PST 2005

Hello folks,

I need your suggestion about limiting the data that can be transferred by
each of the hosts on a LAN. Let me explain my setup. The hosts get internet
access from a box running as a gateway (NAT). This box can't be touched as
my boss won't allow me to do so. I have decided to run a FreeBSD box as a
bridge between the NAT and the rest of the hosts of the LAN. Is it possible
to limit the amount of Data transferred per month by each of the hosts of
the LAN? If yes then how? It would also be nice if I could allow the users
to see how much data they have already transferred.

Thanks

S.

Indian Institute of Information Technology

Subhro Sankha Kar

Block AQ-13/1, Sector V

Salt Lake City

PIN 700091