5.3 Install

Lyn Robie lyn000 at fallbrook.net
Sat Jan 15 22:41:54 PST 2005

Rarely have I found such an amateurish installation procedure.  It's obvious you guys are hard put to find anyone competent in the user interfaces.  And after such snobbishly rave reviews for FreeBSD on the web I was expecting better.  I installed on an HP533 I386 with the X Developer package and then discover that the kernel doesn't include the drivers needed for the Intel 845 graphics chip.  Ahem.  Not exactly the rarest beast in the jungle.  It's perfectly clear to me that you guys are not into winning converts from the Linux camp.  I suppose you can draw some cold comfort from knowing your distro installation is so obscure and bugridden that no one outside of the few grizzled old graybeard unix administrators will be able to make a system run.