Growing out a second head

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Sat Jan 15 12:40:25 PST 2005

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 02:06:30AM +0530, Subhro wrote:
> I am running FBSD 5.3-R amd64 on a AMD 3000+ with a nVidia GeForce Fx 5700LE
> (256M) card plugged into the AGP slot. Two monitors are fixed to the card.
> One goes in the normal VGA slot, the other goes into the DVI slot via a
> VGA-DVI converter. I have been trying to get Xorg running on this setup.
> However I have not been successful so far. The "nvidia" driver supports dual
> headed setups. But it is only limited to the i386 platform. Anyone would
> please help me out by suggesting how to setup "Twinview" with the "nv"
> driver? Any pointers would be welcome.

My experience with setting up a dual-head nVidia FX 5200 last week was that
I really needed the binary driver -- the open source 'nv' one just gave
me messed up blinking colors on the second head.

I don't know if that's really all that is available, just relating my
experience here.

--Stijn

--
If today is the first day of the rest of your life, what the hell was
yesterday?