Software mirgration from Windows for my friend

Dave freebsd01 at dgmm.net
Sat Jan 15 12:01:38 PST 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:09:30 +0100, you wrote:

>> - Decoding DVD to AVI (I have no idea why anybody would need this)
>
>I cannot comment on this but mplayer is supposed to do that.

His friend should try out FreesBie (live, bootable FreeBSD CD, no HDD
install required).  It has all of the required equivilents as well as
avidemux2 which can do the DVD to AVI from a pointy/clicky window.

Dave

--
Dave

Please address email replies to:
[our favourite OS] AT dgmm DOT net
For offlist replies please put FreeBSD in the subject line.