freebsd IT mailing list or newsgroup?

Jim Durham durham at jcdurham.com
Sat Jan 15 08:47:57 PST 2005

I am the sys admin for a company of about 500 people and I am running
Sendmail/Procmail/Spamassassin, Samba, Apache/PHP/MySql on FreeBSD..about 8
servers in 3 offices across the US and soon to be more.

Freebsd-questions is wonderful and I find a lot of answers there, but the
signal-to-noise is low when you are just looking for IT-oriented information
regarding FreeBSD. Especially regarding systems implemented for an office/LAN
environment.

I was wondering if there is any mailing list or newsgroup devoted to IT on
FreeBSD? Google is not returning any hits on this, nor the listing on
freebsd.org.

If such a list or newsgroup does not exist, would there be any interest in
starting one or both?

--
-Jim