Thank you!

Ramiro Aceves ea1abz at wanadoo.es
Fri Jan 14 05:33:05 PST 2005

Aceves wrote:

RA>>If you argue that, you do not know Linux well. When I speak about
Linux,
RA>>I mean Debian or Gentoo. I do not think that they are chaothic or
RA>>intended for desktop. Debian put all the pieces together in one OS that
RA>>is in order and works nicely. Gentoo portage philosophy is similiar to
RA>>FreeBSD ports.
MH>
MH>
MH>    Debian and Gentoo distributions are not chaotic, but I think that
MH>    Gentoo is primarily oriented for desktop, although one can use it
MH>    happily as server. Gentoo portage is inspired by ports :).

Ok, you are right.

RA>>So, why do we start always the war? The real war should be against the
RA>>Bill Gates OSes, instead of fighting among us. I have never heard a bad
RA>>word about FreeBSD on the Linux lists.
MH>
MH>
MH>   What is meaning of your words? I am missing the point. You are asking
MH>   why is someone starting the war? And on other hand you say that we
MH>   should fight against Microsoft OSes? This kind of hatred is in my

Sorry, my english is so bad that I can not say everything I think. I do
not like to start wars among free OSes, I enjoy fighting the Bill OSes.

MH>   humble opinion sign of inmaturity. It is really so hard to respect
MH>   others? To respect their choices, reasons? Why? If one could invest
MH>   his time he puts into hatred aimed towards Microsoft, if one could
MH>   invest it to further promote/develop his OS of choice instead, then it
MH>   would definitely be a better world for my servers and desktops to live
MH>   in. Don't you think?

For me, making the war against Bill OSes means using Free Software OSes
(Debian, Gentoo, FreeBSD.......)instead Bill's one.  Everybody is free
to use the OS he like, so I choose FreeBSD or Linux simply because for
me they are better. I also try to evangelize my friends here in my city
to use free software, but at the moment, it has been a difficult task.

RA>>I hate the following wars:
RA>>BSD license  vs GPL license
RA>>Linux vs xBSD
RA>>GNOME vs KDE
RA>>bash vs tcsh
RA>>text apps vs X apps
RA>>CUPS vs lpr
MH>
MH>
MH>    I just add: Windows vs Linux/Unix.
MH>
MH>
RA>>I think we should coopeRA>>te instead of fighting. Indeed, BSD code
is on
RA>>Linux OSes, and GNU software is on FreeBSD ports...... etc...
MHMH>
MHMH>
MHMH>    If you are really that nice, why are you inducing others to
make war
MHMH>    with Windows? :)

By making the war, as I stated above, I mean using FreeSoftware instead
propietary one.

MHMH>
MHMH>
MHMH> 	Cheers,