Thank you!

martin hudec corwin at aeternal.net
Fri Jan 14 03:53:16 PST 2005

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 12:13:04PM +0100 or thereabouts, Ramiro Aceves wrote:
> If you argue that, you do not know Linux well. When I speak about Linux,
> I mean Debian or Gentoo. I do not think that they are chaothic or
> intended for desktop. Debian put all the pieces together in one OS that
> is in order and works nicely. Gentoo portage philosophy is similiar to
> FreeBSD ports.

   Debian and Gentoo distributions are not chaotic, but I think that
   Gentoo is primarily oriented for desktop, although one can use it
   happily as server. Gentoo portage is inspired by ports :).

> So, why do we start always the war? The real war should be against the
> Bill Gates OSes, instead of fighting among us. I have never heard a bad
> word about FreeBSD on the Linux lists.

  What is meaning of your words? I am missing the point. You are asking
  why is someone starting the war? And on other hand you say that we
  should fight against Microsoft OSes? This kind of hatred is in my
  humble opinion sign of inmaturity. It is really so hard to respect
  others? To respect their choices, reasons? Why? If one could invest
  his time he puts into hatred aimed towards Microsoft, if one could
  invest it to further promote/develop his OS of choice instead, then it
  would definitely be a better world for my servers and desktops to live
  in. Don't you think?

> I hate the following wars:
> BSD license  vs GPL license
> Linux vs xBSD
> GNOME vs KDE
> bash vs tcsh
> text apps vs X apps
> CUPS vs lpr

   I just add: Windows vs Linux/Unix.

> I think we should cooperate instead of fighting. Indeed, BSD code is on
> Linux OSes, and GNU software is on FreeBSD ports...... etc...

   If you are really that nice, why are you inducing others to make war
   with Windows? :)

	Cheers,

	Martin

--
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * corwin at aeternal.net
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"