Thank you!

Nikolas Britton freebsd at nbritton.org
Thu Jan 13 20:11:24 PST 2005

Boris Spirialitious wrote:

>Oh, but I do understand! FreeBSD is not good choice for companies
>that need support for the latest hardware. Thank you for informing
>me.
>
>Boris

Personally I moved away from Linux because of all the support problems
it had, I've learned more about UNIX from the 1 1/2 years using FreeBSD
then I ever did in the 5 years using Linux. This is mainly do to the
excellent centralized and authoritative documentation available for the
project. Also it really helped that FreeBSD is an Operating System and
not just a kernel + 3rd party user & system tools hodgepodged together
into a distribution.   Also FreeBSD nor Linux are good choices if your
looking for support and the latest hardware. Being able to support
yourself with minimal help from others is par for the course for any
open source UNIX solution. Windows and other commercial solutions are
available if you need hand holding. Good luck on your Linux odyssey, and
your welcome back anytime as long as you don't keep burning your bridges
and apologize to the FreeBSD team for calling them "Very stupid people"
(Re: Supermicro Hardware and FreeBSD, 01/05/05 at 10:50), they would have
helped you if you hadn't of said that.