login.conf problems

Chris chrcoluk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 14:51:40 PST 2005

I think the problem here is login.conf cannot do things like limit
cpu% it just kills the process when it reaches the cpu time used, also
on limiting processes say if you want to limit a shell user to run 3
bg processes you cant limit to 3 processes in login.conf because it
will break fg processes for things like running make.  In this
scenarion I believe you need some custom type of script to do what you
are looking for.

Chris