Trouble starting MySQL

Nico Meijer nico.meijer at zonnet.nl
Wed Jan 12 07:53:59 PST 2005

Hi Colin,

> Hey Nico, long time, no see! Happy New Year.

Ah, indeed! It took a while, but now my brain said "click!". Same to
you, thanks. Hope you are well (apart from the php/mysql problem)

> I have *no* idea what to do next, none. As far as I can see,
> phpinfo.php  shows no sign of MySQL. Thus, I assume php is still
> braindead to the  existence of MySQL. (I restarted MySQL before
> running phpinfo.php again  "just in case")

I'll read the entire thread later tonight, but just in case: have you
copied an example php.ini (-dist or -recommended) over your existing
(/usr/local/etc/)php.ini (if there is one, dunno right now; back it up
first).

HTH... Nico