Trouble starting MySQL

Walker, Michael Michael.Walker2 at capita.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 06:12:50 PST 2005

owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org wrote:
> On Jan 12 at 12:46, I said:
>
>> PHP 4.3.10 (cli) (built: Jan 11 2005 23:15:42) (DEBUG) mysql-4.1.7
>> both installed from ports
>> FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
>
> When I take a look at a phpinfo page, it shows no mention that MySQL
> exists. AFAIK this ought not to be so.
>
> I installed php last night (again, from ports) and remembered that
> there oughtta be support for mysql. So this is how I built php, though
> now I'm wondering if I installed it correctly since it seems braindead
> to the existence of MySQL
>
> make with-mysql=yes install clean
>
> I'm beginning not to enjoy today at all (:
>
> Pointers would be gratefully received.
>
> -Colin
>
> This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs
> SkyScan service.

I don't have a FreeBSD box at work with me at the moment.
But check out the following (Im assuming one to be correct)
/usr/ports/lang/php-extentions
/usr/ports/lang/php4-extentions

If both are wrong, it is somewhere very similar.
HTH
Mick Walker

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may be subject to legal privilege, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error or think you may have done so, you may not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. Please notify the sender immediately and delete the original e-mail from your system.

Computer viruses can be transmitted by e-mail. Recipients should check this e-mail for the presence of viruses. The Capita Group and its subsidiaries accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.