How dangerous is HFS+ in FreeBSD 5.3?

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Tue Jan 11 21:52:01 PST 2005

I have an external 60GB Firewire drive currently (stupidly) formatted
in HFS+ (Mac OS X "Extended").  I'd like to get all the files off of
the drive and onto my FreeBSD machine (which has firewire card
installed, although I've yet to try and tackle mounting it).

http://people.freebsd.org/~yar/hfs/ was the place to turn, but there
are several very ominous warnings about using it for important data.  I
was curious as to whether this was just one of those "cover your
behind" disclaimers or a "really, don't use this for anything
important" disclaimers.

TjL