How to back-rev?

John john at starfire.mn.org
Tue Jan 11 20:31:37 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 04:25:38PM +0100, albi wrote:
> John wrote:
>
> > I think I may have been too eager to go to Major Release 5 of FreeBSD.
> > I'm having a lot of trouble with my laptop - with my WIFI cards
> > freezing the system, and trying to make the swith from XFree86
> > to Xorg.
>
> if i were you i would backup your data and try a fresh 5.3 install,
> one other thing to try first is to boot without ACPI

You are right, albi!  Turning off ACPI took care of the lock up.  Thanks!

I do miss the power management, though.  Now I need to figure out
how to turn off just the part that is causing the problem.

I am currently trying to remove all the XFree86 and kde modules from
5.2.1 so that I can put in the Xorg stuff from 5.3.  If there's a
procedure for that somewhere, that'd be awesome.
--

John Lind
john at starfire.MN.ORG