ATI TV Wonder VE

Frank J. Laszlo laszlof at vonostingroup.com
Tue Jan 11 17:20:35 PST 2005

I recently found in my hardware pile an ATI TV Wonder VE. I vaguely
remember using this card with v4l on linux and decided I would give it a
go on freebsd. Its apparently supported by bktr(4) I went ahead a
kldload'd the module. this the what dmesg told me:

bktr_mem: memory holder loaded
bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xee043000-0xee043fff irq 11 at device 9.0 on
pci0
bktr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
bktr0: Unable to allocate 1310720 bytes of memory.
bktr0: Unable to allocate 3555328 bytes of memory.
bktr0: Warning - card vendor 0x1002 (model 0x0003) unknown.
bktr0: Pinnacle/Miro TV, Temic NTSC tuner.

asside from those memory errors all seemed well. i attempted to run
xawtv -hwscan and got this:

/dev/bktr0: initialization failed

I decided to try fxtv for the hell of it and got this error message:

ioctl(BT848_SAUDIO, 128) failed: Cannot allocate memory
mmap of driver buffer failed: Invalid argument

has anyone had simular issues with this card? Or have any information
that may help to solve it? I am running:

FreeBSD dungeon.franksworld.org 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #1: Fri
Dec 31 11:11:28 EST 2004
laszlof at dungeon.franksworld.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DUNGEON  i386

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Regards,