Which OS should we use?

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Tue Jan 11 16:05:21 PST 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 05:54 pm, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> Thanks to those who provided (and may provide in the future) their
>
> Frankly, when I saw a recent post about instabilities in 5.3, I think
> I may have gotten overly concerned about it.  The 5.3 server we have
> in test is working fine, so we'll install that on the new ones.
>
> Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
> Adjunct Information Security Officer
> The University of Texas at Dallas
> AVIEN Founding Member
> http://www.utdallas.edu

I used to read all problems posted on this list and start second
guessing my OS decisions.  It's easy to forget that people post their
problems far more often than their successes -- appropriately so.

A better indication of trouble would be if the list members got excited
about postings such as "My server's still up!".

:-)

Andrew