Linksys WPC11 Wireless Card.

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Tue Jan 11 09:54:13 PST 2005

On Jan 11, 2005, at 9:52 AM, Walker, Michael wrote:

> Hi
>
> I apologise for asking this, as I know for a fact this question has
> been
> asked before, however when searching the archives, I am finding
> conflicting
> answers.
> I have a Linksys WPC11 Version 4 wireless notebook adapter, and am
> wondering
> if anyone has successfully set this up using FreeBSD 5.3.
> I have read that Version 4 of the card uses a different chipset to
> previous
> versions and that this could cause some issues, how true is this?
> Also what options do I need to enable in my custom kernel, I read
> somewhere
> in the archives that I also need to disable some items in the kernel as
> well, could someone please elaborate?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Mick Walker
> NAAFI Finance International

You're better off trying to find a version 3 card.  I've, personally,
never been able to get a ver 4 card working.  You can find them on ebay
for pretty cheap.  Also, if you've got any friends that use the WPC11,
and have had it for a year or so, there's a good chance you could just
trade with them.

Push comes to shove, let me know, I might have one I can sell you.  I
don't have an x86 lappy anymore, but I kept the ver3 card.  I love my
Powerbook, so I don't think I'll need the other card any time soon.

HTH
Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson