unplanned reboot failed

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Tue Jan 11 06:19:05 PST 2005

Four days ago I moved some stuff around on my /root dir; yesterday my box
rebooted itself... probably because of a power blink since other boxes did
the same.

Now it won't reboot; the kernel starts, a msg display very quickly then I
get a box showing

------------- Message --------------
Adaptec AAC RAID
------------------------(100%)---------

When I <cr> past this box get a box saying

------------------------------------ Message --------------------------------
Couldn't create directory /tmp/.doc: Read-only file system

What can I do from this point? Before this problem became apparent I
noticed that sendmail appeared to be gone from my system. I've apparently
messed up some critical paths, and wonder if it might be better to just
rebuild this sandbox from the mini-iso... just need to recreate the
bootable floppies in that case, right?

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Search & Sort Easily: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal