Upgrade to Courier 4.0.1?

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
Mon Jan 10 12:35:31 PST 2005

On 01/10/05 01:44 PM, Scott Bye sat at the `puter and typed:
> I updated to this via ports, and the services appear to be running and listening for connections.
>
> However, if I connect to them, I get disconnected immediately, and
> nothing appears to be logged for any of the services.
>
> It's obviously affecting both POP3 and IMAP, leaving the mail services on my server useless.
>
> I tried reinstalling the port for courier-imap, but it complained that
> it couldn't find courierlogger. So I reinstalled courier-authlib from
> ports, and reinstalled courier-imap and it no longer complained.
> However, the services are still doing exactly the same!
>
> Any ideas what has happened?!

I just ran into the same kind of problems.  I finally found that in
addition to the
courier_authdaemond_enable="YES"
enabler in /etc/rc.conf, the imapd-ssl enable tag has changed.  Where
you used to need
courier_imap_imapdssl_enable="YES"
in your /etc/rc.conf, you now need
courier_imap_imapd_ssl_enable="YES"

I don't use pop or unencrypted imap, so you'd have to verify that those
haven't changed if you use them.

HTH
Lou
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

"Here's something to think about:  How come you never see a headline like
`Psychic Wins Lottery'?"
    -- Jay Leno