dynamic mouse(d) acceleration

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Mon Jan 10 07:34:34 PST 2005

Emanuel Strobl <emanuel.strobl at gmx.net> writes:

> is it possible to get dynamic mouse acceleration with Xorg? moused only
> supports linear acceleration. Everytime I have to work with windows I love to
> return to my FreeBSD Workstation, but I'm missing the windows mouse support.
> Even after years of acclimatization to X mouse, the windows mouse movement is
> much much better, more intuitive ("natural") I think.
>
> My greatest wish was moused with dynamic acceleration.

moused(8)?  That will affect you mostly on text consoles.  X already
does somewhat more adaptive mouse acceleration: play around with the
parameters for "xset m".

And look at your window manager, whichever one it is; some of them
have additional mouse-input capabilities built-in.

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/