copy file to cd-rw

mess-mate messmate at free.fr
Sun Jan 9 09:28:21 PST 2005

I've readed .
But sorry if i insist, the file to save is very-very important for me.
This file contains the openoffice data of my work.
So, i can't do any mistake and have no experience with 'cat', 'split' or 'mkisofs'.

His name is 'home.tar.bz2' !! and is 2.4GB long.
I've to find a way to save that file anywhere and must be accessed by
my FBSD 5.3 as by another linux disk.
To do that i've created a second partition /dev/hda4 with a ext3 fs
can be accessed by my FBSD as by the linux disk.

I can cp this file from that ext3 partition to FBSD but after changed and retarred/bzip2 My FBSD won't cp it to that partition " File too large".

I can of course split that file, in this case it must be possible to join the resulting files from FBSD as by linux.

I don't know if linux can join these files, splitted by FBSD, with a 'cat'.

Anybody can help me with this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your time.
mess-mate