DNS problems

ryanv at metawire.org ryanv at metawire.org
Sun Jan 9 08:30:16 PST 2005

I am no expert by any means, but the problem I was having sounds simular. I
had a fresh install on friday, I could get to the web but dns resolutions
were incredibly, slow and timing out most of the time.  But my box is now
working perfectly.

#1 you dns nameservers addresses need to be in /etc/resolv.conf

this still did not solve my problem but it should.  I had to cvsup my /usr/src
and rebuild my world and everything works perfectly.  I do not know if
something changed in the sources but it worked for me.