Makefile correction?

Aaron Myles Landwehr aaron at snaphat.com
Sat Jan 8 15:48:53 PST 2005

Sean wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>     I am trying to install gnuchess but when I start the build process
> it errors out as follows.

> tardis# make install clean
> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
> ===>  Found saved configuration for gnuchess-5.07
> ===>  Extracting for gnuchess-5.07
> => Checksum OK for book_1.01.pgn.gz.
> /usr/ports/distfiles//gnuchess-5.07.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> tar: Error opening archive: Empty input file: Inappropriate file type
> or format
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/games/gnuchess.

Hello, I attempted to install the port and recieved the same error as
you. The current makefile does not grab the gnuchess.tar.gz, whenever
WITH_OPENING_BOOK is specified, because EXTRACT_ONLY is misplaced
underneathe of that section. Comment out that EXTRACT_ONLY line and
underneathe the MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR line add the following two lines:

DISTFILES=      ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}${EXTRACT_SUFX}
EXTRACT_ONLY=   ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}${EXTRACT_SUFX}

I suppose someone should submit a patch for this...
-Aaron Myles Landwehr