Good image editor

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Sat Jan 8 11:03:44 PST 2005

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Trey Sizemore wrote:

> I'm looking for a good image editor / photo album program [snip] ...
> I want to be able to see the photos and do minor tweaks like rotate

For home digital camera stuff, I use graphics/xv. It's not new or fancy,
but it's pretty easy to use and does what I need. Xv is not able to make
"photo albums" (i.e. contact sheets or thumbnails?) as far as I know,
but it works great for viewing, cropping and rotating, as well as
tweaking color balance, black level, gamma, that sort of thing. It also
lets you change file formats (JPEG, PNG, many more), image resolution
and color depth.

HTH.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]