In reference to the "Cheap NAS" inquiry....

Martes Wigglesworth martes.wigglesworth at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 8 09:44:35 PST 2005

I am researching the viability of constructing a Network Access Server
using FreeBSD, and I came across your post(s) from December 2004.  What
were you using the acronyme, "NAS," to describe?  You seemed to be
describing a network storage appliance, however, I never got a clear
description of what you were using the term for.  The context seemed to
be such that you would have to have been describing the network storage
appliance.  Were you talking about a "Network Access Server" or a
"Network Application Server?"  If anyone is familiar with the topics of
building Network Access Servers with FreeBSD, I would appreciate any
input.
--
Respectfully,

M.G.W.