FreeBSD Sound not working

E. J. Cerejo edu07643 at yahoo.com.br
Sat Jan 8 06:55:01 PST 2005

Hello,

I upgraded to FreeBSD 5.3 with a clean install and now I can't get the sound to work on my machine, I have Creative AudioPCI  (ES1371, ES1373), this card under 4.x stable use to work fine with

device pcm

in kernel file but now under FreeBSD 5.3 the handbook tells me to use these two lines for the same thing:

device sound
device "snd_emu10k1"

I get now no sound at all, if I run dmesg I see no pcm lines at all or cat /dev/sndstat get nothing for sound.

Any ideas as to why not?

Best regards,
Ed