openoffice on 5.3-RELEASE

Duane Winner dwinner-lists at att.net
Fri Jan 7 07:30:11 PST 2005

Hello,

Has anybody been able to get OpenOffice installed from port on 5.3-RELEASE ?
I am running 5.3-RELEASE-p2 (Xorg and JDK1.4.2p7 also installed)

Yesterday, I attempted:
# portinstall openoffice
and chose editors/openoffice-1.1

14 hours later.......

the output looked like it built cleanly, but during the install phase it
bombed with:

./install.sh not found
error code 127

Sigh......it's always OpenOffice that gives me headaches.

I tried to just do a pkg_add -rv openoffice and that got me
openoffice-1.1.2, which I guess I could live with until it gets fixed,
but then I discovered during 'openoffice-1.1.2-setup' that characters
were overlapping in all of the dialogs and menus. I don't know if that
was a problem with my display or the character set/language, but I just
ripped out the package in frustration.

So discouraging.

Cheers,
DW