Webmail Frontend to mailboxes.

Tabor Kelly tkelly-freebsd-questions at taborandtashell.net
Thu Jan 6 20:16:12 PST 2005

Rene C. Mendoza wrote:
> I'm in the process of looking for a webmail frontend to my Postfix mail
> server setup installed on FreeBSD 5.3.  I use cyrus-imap as well.  What
> would you recommend?  I've heard of Squirrel Mail and IMP, but I don't
> know what to choose.
>
> thanks,
> Rene

I used IMP a few years ago, and I found it complicated to set up. I use
SqWebMail now. SqWebMail may be less elegant than SquirrelMail, but
SqWebMail is far more efficient. It is written in C, and accesses
Maildirs locally, not through an IMAP server. If Postfix does not
support Maildirs, you couldn't use SqWebMail.

I have written a short tutorial on how to set up SqWebMail here (it is
draft quality now):
http://tabor.taborandtashell.net/serversetup/sqwebmail.html The
installation is pretty straight forward (it is in ports), except the
Makefile, which is a little confusing at first.

--

Tabor Kelly
tkelly-freebsd-questions at taborandtashell.net
http://tabor.taborandtashell.net