atheros (ath) wifi driver problem

Mo Po mopo at softhome.net
Thu Jan 6 18:18:40 PST 2005

Hello,

I installed FreeBSD 5.3 today (coming from linux/debian).
I need to use the atheros wifi driver (man page ATH(4)), which is
included in 5.3. (I have an atheros based PCI card in an athlon xp based
system).

I get the following error when loading the module ('kldload if_ath'
command):
ath0: could not map interrupt
device_attach: ath0 attach returned 6

After that ifconfig fails tp 'up' the ath0 i/f ('does not exists').

The ATH(4) lists this error but just says it should never happen ;-)
The same card/madwifi driver works under linux.

Any help appreciated a lot - otherwise my FreeBSD venture will be rather
short lived.

Thanks a lot!

--
Mo Po