Samba problems - stopped working

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
Thu Jan 6 11:14:17 PST 2005

Anyone else seeing problems with Samba3?

swat dumps core every time I try to connect - SIGABRT.  Smbd & nmbd
don't pick up the phone (yes, netstat -an shows listeners on ports 139
and 443).  They don't log anything, just no answer.

I'm running 5.3 RELEASE, rebuilt yesterday.  I don't know when it
stopped working, but I'm running the latest samba3 port - rebuilt just
today while trying to fix the problem.

While building samba, the only apparent problems are the following
warnings:

checking rpcsvc/yp_prot.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: rpcsvc/yp_prot.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: rpcsvc/yp_prot.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: rpcsvc/yp_prot.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: rpcsvc/yp_prot.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: rpcsvc/yp_prot.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: rpcsvc/yp_prot.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the AC_PACKAGE_NAME lists.  ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
checking for rpcsvc/yp_prot.h... yes

and:

checking sys/mount.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the AC_PACKAGE_NAME lists.  ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
checking for sys/mount.h... yes

After seeing these, I went back and removed all the autoconf and
automake packages and let them be rebuilt as dependencies, but these
warnings still show up.

There are also a number of build warnings, but nothing that seems
critical to me, but there are some "Passing arg <blah> of <blah> from
incompatible pointer type" errors in a lot of the auth based code.
Checking the swat core, it is pretty obvious that the abort() was
called somewhere in the authentication calls.

Anyone else?

Lou
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining
and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
    -- Mark Twain