finally a crash dump on 5.3

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Thu Jan 6 07:44:34 PST 2005

At 09:32 AM 1/6/2005, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>On 2005-01-06 08:56, "J.D. Bronson" <jbronson at wixb.com> wrote:
> > I was up for 2wks and today saw this:
> >
> > Fatal trap 12 - page fault while in kernel mode
> > CPUID 0 APIC ID 0
> > Fault write address = 0x418ad66c
> > Fault code = supervisor write, page not present
> > [...]
> >
> > What do I do with this information now that I finally have it ?
>
>During the next boot, savecore should save a crash dump in /var/crash
>(assuming one was successfully saved in swap when the crash happened).
>
>Look at the Developers Handbook for details about obtaining a stack
>trace of the kernel at the moment of the crash:
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-gdb.html

Well so much for that idea :(

9:43:24am /var/crash> ls -al
total 6
drwxr-x---   2 root  wheel  512 Dec 29 18:25 .
drwxr-xr-x  23 root  wheel  512 Jan  6 09:37 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel    5 Nov  4 19:27 minfree

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA

This message should contain confidential and/or privileged information,
but it doesn't. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive
this for the addressee, go ahead, copy, disclose, or take any action
based on this message or any information herein that you wish, what the heck!
If you have received this message in error, please ask the sender what the
heck they were thinking about.