burning 5.3-RELEASE CDs

Scott Bennett bennett at cs.niu.edu
Thu Jan 6 03:46:40 PST 2005

     On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:55:10 -0700 Danny MacMillan
<flowers at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 06:35:43PM -0600, Scott Bennett wrote:
>>      On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 12:37:41 -0700 Danny MacMillan
>> <flowers at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>>
>> >This is not intuitive, but you do not want to use the "make a
>> >bootable CD" function of Sonic RecordNow! to make a bootable CD.
>>
>>      On what basis is the above statement made if you haven't used
>> Sonic RecordNow! ?  It certainly looks to me as though the green
>> button is the *only* way to burn an image (not counting making an
>> exact copy of
>
>On the basis of your characterizing the little green button as being
>"for making a bootable CD", and my understanding of that function in
>alternative software.  In short:  I misunderstood.  I apologize for
>the misdirection.

     Oh.  That was because, if one places the cursor over the green
button, a box appears temporarily bearing a line that says, "Click
here to make this CD/DVD bootable".  And, as noted in a different
posting in this thread, that button brings up a browser panel for
choosing an image file (but not displaying .iso files among the
choices) to burn in making the bootable disk.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG