make installworld - permission denied

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 01:17:58 PST 2005

Nopes that's not right. For enhancing security even I mount /var/tmp with
noexec and softlink /tmp to /var/tmp. Doing that prevents people from hiding
binaries in the world writable /tmp, /var/tmp whatever. Just remember to
remount it without "noexec" before installworld.

Regards
S.

Indian Institute of Information Technology
Subhro Sankha Kar
Block AQ-13/1, Sector V
Salt Lake City
PIN 700091