can't remove directory

Eugene M. Minkovskii emin at mccme.ru
Thu Jan 6 00:54:22 PST 2005

Hi!

some months ago I'm install FreeBSD 5.2.1 on my PC. When I do it
I set default partition size. For example /var has 256 Mb. After
some time I found that It is too small for me. I move a lot of
directory to /usr and make symlinks to it:

mkdir /usr/var
mv /var/tmp /var/mail /var/log /usr/var
cd /var
ln -s /usr/var/tmp
ln -s /usr/var/mail
ln -s /usr/var/log

All of this working nice, except one: I cant remove /var/tmp.
Only rename working. In this directory placed one "dyeless"
directory /var/tmp/temproot/var/empty.

How can I remove this directory? I try to fsck -y in single user
momde, I trying rm -rf /var/tmp/temproot/var/empty in single user
mode with only /var mounted. But All of this useful.

--
Sensory  yours, Eugene  Minkovskii
Сенсорно ваш,   Евгений Миньковский