Sun revokes FreeBSD license for Java

Tom Vilot tom at vilot.com
Wed Jan 5 11:49:18 PST 2005

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

>  I think there is a story there for you but more along the lines of:
>"Sun's wishy-washy licensing terms driving people away from Java"

Agreed.

Sun has screwed up the licensing of Java from the start. Their deal with
Microsoft early on made that clear to me.

I prefer to use just about any other tool (except, of course, for
JSP/.NET, etc). Python, Perl, ... any other tool will do the jobs I need
done and I can avoid the sluggishness of Java, the licensing
ambiguities, and the dependence on a company that is *not* a software
company to begin with!

Grrrr..

 > Please state your specific affiliation with FreeBSD.

None. Just a user.