Can't find rootvp if booting with a plugged-in firewire HD

Daniel S. Haischt me at daniel.stefan.haischt.name
Wed Jan 5 05:00:18 PST 2005

OK - I did find the answer ...

After plugging-in the firewire device, /dev/da0
changes to /dev/da1 while botting and /dev/da1
(aka firewire) changes to /dev/da0.

How can it be accomplished that /dev/da0
(my non-removable SCSI disk) remains /dev/da0,
no matter how many removable drives are added
to the system?

I already did set the ATA_STATIC_ID option in
my kernel configuration file.

I am running FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE.

Regards

Daniel S. Haischt