3ware Esclade 7006-2

Frederic Andres sparrox at free.fr
Tue Jan 4 23:28:02 PST 2005

Hi,

> My question is mainly on the driver though.  Which should I use?
> The twe driver seems to be working as far as I have tested, but do
> I need the driver downloaded from 3ware to get 3dm2 and the CLI to
> work?  If so, what is the best way to install the driver as I am
> using this array as the boot disk?

I have the same 3ware controller running on FreeBSD 5.2/5.2.1 and it
works very well.

I use the default drivers (twe) during the installation of FreeBSD.

Concerning the admin tools, I installed the port
/usr/ports/sysutils/3dm which provides an alert daemon and a web
interface to check hardward.
In addition, I downloaded the command line tool from 3ware website :
the cli program, version 7.7.1 for FreeBSD 4.8 Beta. (it works on
FreeBSD 5.2.x serie and should work on 5.3.x).

I hope that it will help you,
Fred