Native 5.3 port of OpenOffice?

Tabor Kelly tkelly-freebsd-questions at taborandtashell.net
Tue Jan 4 09:17:42 PST 2005

Dave Horsfall wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
>

>>direction of http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.4/index.html
>

> And if you follow the ports route instead, just how many more bloody hoops
> do we have to jump through?

I did it, and it wasn't hard, just confusing. It is confusing because
you need to know that:

1. You need the linprocfs mounted to make java/linux-sun-jdk14
2. You need to install java/jdk14 before you try to build OpenOffice
(even though this is not listed as a dependency).

Note: this is from my memory, which is not always 100% what it should be.

--

Tabor Kelly
tkelly-freebsd-questions at taborandtashell.net
http://tabor.taborandtashell.net