traffic counting

Andrew P. infofarmer at mail.ru
Tue Jan 4 05:26:12 PST 2005

Alexandr Lookoshkoff wrote:
>   How to make such thing as traffic counting?
>
>   There is a gateway (with NAT) and a local network. Every month
>   i must send a report how many traffic get everybody.
>
>   ipfw count ...
>   Counters zeroed every reboot (so - everyday)

I currently have a script, running every minute, which
adds all counters to ones in a file and zeros them. I
don't have daily/weekly statistics collected, but that's
easily implemented. I also wrote a simple C program,
which saves counter infoformation without zeroing them.
A very simple CGI script shows every user in a network
their personal traffic count.

Это не так сложно.

>   How to collect and store these counters? And how to list a summary
>   trafic (by days if possible)?

Best wishes,
Andrew P.