Best way to back up to CD?

Ramiro Aceves ea1abz at wanadoo.es
Tue Jan 4 02:13:52 PST 2005

messmate wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 13:31:26 -0800
> Tabor Kelly <tkelly-freebsd-questions at taborandtashell.net> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I would like to start making periodic backups to CD. I know I can make
>>a tarball, and then create an iso with just that tarball on it, and
>>then burn that to a cd, but is there a better way?

I come from the Linux world, and I am only experimenting in FreeBSD
since a while. In Linux, I am using my own script with "afio" ,
"cdrecord" (for CDs) and recently "growisofs" (for DVDs).

Everything is on the ports here so I think you will be able to setup
them in freebsd without trouble.

If you need more info, I can send you my script (very simple, written in
bash) so that you can use it and modify as you need.

Ramiro.